Drama Affairs


sleeping beauties

We started our journey from Sandakan to Keningau on the 16th morning.. we gathered in school very early in the morning but only managed to really depart at about 7 sumthing..

Frankly speaking, I was quite shocked with the bus the school is providing us.. It's small and very packed especially afta we'd put in our luggages and the bench.. Halfway, there was something wrong wif the air-con and tyre allignment.. The driver was driving carelessly, too..I dunno how worse can dis journey be.. I could not help feeling a little apprehension myself..

But after a hell of 8-hour journey, we finally arrived in Keningau at about 4 sumthing, safe and sound.. We went to our hostel in SMK Gunsanad 2.. And wow! The school is hugeee!! Even the hostel is also not bad at all..

Anyhu, we went for our rehearsal, and guess what?? We needed to wait another hour for our turn coz apparently they got all the schedule mixed up.. Thanks for nothing! Due to that, we did not manage to do a proper rehearsal dat day.. I bet all the students were feeling exhausted like I did.. I slept as soon as my head touched the pillow dat nyte..

wif my paige hehe

close your eyes elliot, teacher is gonna put dis powder on you now

As early as 6 in the morning, we did the make-up for the girls in our dorm before we left for the hall.. We did the make-up for the boys and a little touch up for the girls once we were there.. Guess all of you were all geared up for the competition eh??

in the hall

Our turn was not due till after the 4th group .. I could see that many schools put a lot effort into their props and costumes.. Ours were pretty simple but we fully utilised everything that we had.. However, the students seemed pretty tired that their voices were not that clear eventhough we were sitting not so far from the stage.. Dat was quite a disadvantage for our team anyhu..


sum of the dramas presented

But then again, apparently luck wasn't on our side this time around.. We only managed to get the consolation prize with our drama entitled 'A Heart Nobody Knows' that highlighted the issue of bullying in school.. Guess the judges prefer colourful presentations then.. Whatever it is, I really appreciate all the comments given by em.. Hope we could improve ourselves and be more prepared next year!!

My poor kiddos.. they din noe that we won the consolation until the organizer announced the top 3 winners.. I could feel the sinking feeling revolved around em ryte after the competition
I also felt disappointed, but the judges' decision is final, so there's nothing much we could do about it.. Whatever it is, I REALLY AM proud of em for putting up a good show despite of how exhausted they were!! I mean to come to dis level.. dis far.. each one of em all is already a winner, so.. kudos to all!

the team

girls and shopping

Next, we left for KK and reached Marina Court Apartments at around 7.. We ate at McDs for our dinner since we couldn't think of any other place to go to.. I mean.. we were so hungry we could eat a horse!

The kids even managed to do some last-minute (VERY last minute) shopping at Warisan Square.. I juz bought some Big Apple Donuts as souvenirs hehehe.. (but frankly speaking, I miss JCO!!) I giggled at how super fast they were at rummaging through the clothes at the shop in their eagerness to buy designer labels (ehem ehem).. That, of coz, are not available in our town sweet town LOL

the teachers


On our journey back, we stopped at Kinabalu Park for lunch.. what a magnificent view! I wish I could go there again someday.. maybe next time spend a few days.. The thought of waking up to the sound of nature and the view of the highest mountain in Malaysia seems to be very, very alluring ;)

I stopped off in Telupid while the rest continued their journey back to Sandakan.. for I had to conduct the final PTP Examination at SMK Telupid (never-ending work).. So.. you can actually say that I had had such a hectic and exhausting week!!

Ok, am off for my afternoon nap now. Chowz.

Comments

Popular Posts