My Kind of Sunday

It was hard to actually wake up this morning especially with the rain pouring heavily and thunder and lightning barking fiercely outside. All I wanted to do was to curl up under my duvet and wait for Monday morning to come.. Beep beep beep beep! My alarm went off just a lil too soon with a lil freaky message 'Badminton Club, 12pm'. Aaaaa.. why whyyyy.. I walked lazily to the bathroom. It was Sunday after all.. and there I was, dragging my ass off of bed just because we (that is Lam and I) had to supervise the Badminton Club kids at Chi Hwa Hall for the Kejohanan Badminton Remaja Sandakan. After having our brunch at Habeeb, we went to the hall only to find out that there was nothing much to supervise anyway. Most of the students had gone back as luck wasn't really on their side during the preliminary rounds. So, we headed back instead. They din even need us there.

All of a sudden, I felt a strong urge to spend my weekend outside rather than lazing around the house doing what I always do on weekends. I went to town instead.. the tamu was still there so I decided to take a walk around. It was just a way to ease my mind and think about things. I din even buy a single thing. I was just there physically, but mentally, I was elsewhere. The shouts and screams of the sellers seemed so far away, so distant at one point. I din know I was so drowned in my pool of thoughts then. It helped clear my mind, though.

Next, I took a drive around Sandakan, exploring shops and streets I'd never been at, without a clear intention of where to go. As I drove aimlessly, I came across a shop with the word  'Spa' (I forgot the whole name) written on the glass door... wow, a day at the spa would be nice! I parked my car and entered the shop, wishing this could be the haven I'm looking for, away from the noise and bustle of the world outside. I talked to the girls there and they were very professional and friendly. The packages they offered there were interesting as well. I'm starting to love this spa thingy already! However, they were sorry that they were about to close when I came in. They close early on Sundays, that's what they told me. It's okay, another time I guess.

So what's next? I just followed my instinct and started driving around again. I decided to check out the new shop lots in Bandar Utama, near Giant. My little exploration did not come down to nothing, surprisingly. I'd found out that there are a few mamak restaurants in that area and 2 cosy-looking cafes like Jesselton Coffee. I hope they serve good coffee there. Who knows they could be our new hangout spots? I'm sooo gonna ask the girls to try em out the next time around! 

Not only that, I'd also came across a hair and beauty salon and I din know why, I just stopped my car, took out the key from the ignition, locked it and went straightaway into the salon. There were quite a number of people there but luckily most of em were just waiting for their kids, wives, husbands and so on. I was attended by a friendly lady and we chatted as she washed my hair and cut it short. Yes, I had my hair cut today. Short, but sweet. Just the way I like it to be. So that basically sums up what happened in my life today. It'll be another week before weekends come again, so let's enjoy it while we still can yeah.. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
hahaha...who knows,kite sama2 potong rambut ye..:D

Popular Posts