Snippets: Food Galore and More

1. After work Lam and I would normally go out for lunch or quick hang out at our favourite makan spots, and last Weds we tried out a new restaurant called Home Recipe in Bandar Indah. I ordered Mamak Fried Mee, or better known as mee goreng mamak, along with a tall glass of ice-blended Mocha Oreo. Yummy! Lam, on the other hand, ordered a plate of Seafood Spaghetti and a cup of Hazelnut Mocha. Double yummy! The food was great and the ambience was nice and relaxing. Highly recommended!~


2. Yesterday, after KOKUM (co-curricular activities) I really felt like eating ice-creams. Anything would do at all! So, Lam suggested we hang out at 7Heaven - a dessert parlour in Mile 4 and I'm loving it! Ironically, I just recovered from a terrible sore throat and swollen tonsils and here I am eating Banana Boat all to myself! Ha-ha. Oh yeah, Lam ordered Mango Madness smoothie. Very creamy, and not to mention, fatty and sugary!~ Very sinful, indeed. But who could ever resist these..?! (pointing at the pics below) Oh yeah, I even ran into Azmi, my last year's Form 5F student, who apparently is working somewhere nearby while waiting for his SPM result.. And I just couldn't believe my ears when he asked me to treat him to lunch all of a sudden! That cheeky boy! *lol*


3. If you're a big Japanese food fan just like me, and you happen to be in or near Sandakan at one point, look no further! Edo Ichi Japanese Restaurant in Bandar Tyng serves the best fresh made sushi ever, just like famous sushi franchises - Sushi King, Sushi Groove or Sakae Sushi.. or maybe better? Hehe.. you come, you taste, and you decide for yourself. *grin*

 

4. Lam and my next stop - Jesselton Coffee House. They, like, serve the best Mocha Ice Blended ever! Adding on to the compliment, the toasted tuna sandwich was superb.. and huge! I only managed to eat half and needed to take the remaining half back home, just imagine! The cheesecakes were nice too! A must try. Anyway, I like the whole idea of the shop, given that coffee is my favourite drink, especially when we get to lounge on the sofa.. gossiping and talking about things, while sipping caffeine. It's really cosy and relaxing for both quick and long tete-a-tete with friends. 

  

5. That same desk, same school, same month.. but in two different years - one in January 2008 and another one in January this year. Can you spot the differences? Hehehe..

  

6. Been driving like mad these days. Reaching 120 or 130kmph in my Myvi on normal roads seem like nothing to me nowadays. In fact, this is one of the most liberating things I could do to release my tension, be it personal or work-related issues! Somebody said that it's dangerous to speed using the stock tyres.. then, when can I get the new ones from you?? Hee~

  

7. I had been having sore throat and high fever that we hardly go anywhere at all in KK last weekends! Maybe it was due to all the stress regarding me missing my flight and all. Check out the look on my face. I could barely smile. The agony was seemingly inevitable and obvious. I took an MC last Tuesday for it was freaking difficult for me to wake up in the morning, what more with the headaches and slightly elevated body temperature. I went to the clinic I always go to whenever I feel sick and the doctor claimed that I only had slight fever and that my tonsils were swollen. I need to take 6 pills altogether inclusive of those for fever, cough, sore throat and antibiotics to prevent further infections. Thank God, I'm okay now so don't you guys worry! One thing that I'm worried about now that I'm all alive and kicking is my sleep deprivation. Well, I don't think I have to elaborate, you know it already. 

  

Being as sick as I could ever remembered, I even had to say no to my favourite seafood spaghetti and fish and chips at Fish & Co. Nothing seemed okay and good enough to my liking. All I could swallow were either KFC's whipped potatoes or McD's chicken porridge. Solid food seemed to be stuck in my throat and it hurt like hell, I could almost gag. Even drinking water had become a painful thing to do at that time. 



8. These are the glimpses of our school's CNY celebration on a rainy Friday last week. As usual we'd have the Lion Dance and the traditional Chinese dance. There were other performances and activities such as lucky draw, modern dance and so on too. Will post up the full report on it, complete with all the other pictures later.


9. I went to the post office to renew my driving license and omigawd, the queue I tell you, was quite unbearable. I stood there waiting dumbly for my turn for up to one hour before finally reaching the counter! It was during lunchtime - the peak periods, and the admins should know that the post office will be crowded with people then, YET, everyone had to queue up for the only counter that was opened on that day! How frustrating! I noticed that they'd been doing some upgradings with the place.. it looked way better than last time.. I just hope they'll improve on their customer services as well.


10. Yay me! I got a souvenir from a colleague who went holidaying in Switzerland last year-end holidays - a pair of cute ballet-shoe look-alike stockings! It even has the so-called 'love-is-in-the-air' grips on the soles! Thanks, El!~

 

11. It was my colleague cum good friend's wedding last year and all I got for her was Droppar set from IKEA. There are two tall bottles which came with the base and you can use em to store oil and vinegar. Well, kitchen stuff. It seemed like she kind of enjoyed her present and that was quite a relief coz choosing presents for friends and families has never been something I'm good at! Ha-ha.


P/s: So there goes.. another week, another drama.. =)

Comments

Popular Posts