Staying Connected

My friend told my other friend the other day that I'm a bit of a sucker for Internet connection. Sheepishly, I admitted it. Indeed, a day without Net connection is a nightmare okay! When I'm not at work, you will most likely find me online.. most of the time, that is. I still remember the first time I ended up in Sandakan, I was all about Celcom Broadband since that was the closest to communicating with the world outside at that time. I din wanna feel left out. There were just a lot of things I need to catch up then. 

The moment I got into my current apartment, I had started thinking about getting a Streamyx connection since the 3G Broadband service was unavailable in this area. I sighed then since it cost me a lot to get it installed yet that was my only option, I reckon. There was quite a hassle in the beginning, well if you use Streamyx at home, then you know how it goes for the first installation. I only managed to get everything on track only by the second (or third) week after a bagful of complaints to TM! How frustrating but I was glad I got it over with. I had also installed a wi-fi router for it's easy for me to use the Net at any part of the house, what more with my room being at the very back of the apartment, less than 15 metres away from the modem. I simply hate the idea of cables lying all around the house, so it was for the best. 

Anyway, I've always known myself as a heavy Net user as I download songs and movies, surf graphics-and-HTMLs-laden websites, and watch streaming videos and radios endlessly, so I think it was wise that I took up a package worth RM90/month for 512kbps Net and phone connection fees. Sometimes the line is very very slow and I wonder whether I want to continue with this package or not.. I bet it will not make much difference even if I take the 1MB package. Changing to 3G Broadband is totally out of question. I will not settle for that even when they have all sorts of services available now - Celcom, Maxis and even Digi. It can be either too slow or too unstable. Streamyx is still the best option, I just hope they could improve their services and next start making the consumers' lives easier and less miserable than it already is. 

The line is damn slow today, much to my chagrin. That's the main reason why I'm writing this despite the oh-so-poky line, to express my disappointment. Imagine downloading a 13.2 MB file for an ETA of 9 hours! Come on.. you gotta be kidding me right??!

p/s: Instead, I just lounge around lazily reading novels.. Reading keeps me sane, especially after a whole week of hard work in school. I'd finished Breaking Dawn by Steph Meyer this noon and continued with Sidney Sheldon's 395-paged Are You Afraid Of The Dark. Just finished that one right before I logged on to the Net. Next, it's gonna be If You Could See Me Now by Cecelia Ahern *winks* 

Comments

Popular Posts