Life Goes On

Well, now that the wedding is over, I need to divert my attention back to my major responsibility: work. Guess the two weeks and a couple of days of holidays are simply not enough (lol!) So far work is good. Lots to do and no time to do it, but I’m still here somehow managing it all.

Anyway, I arrived in Sandakan on Tuesday night, certainly with a heavy heart. As much as I miss my "kids" in school, I find it hard to leave him, what more with seeing the sad cute lil face of him looking at me as I passed through the security checkpoint at the airport. Saying goodbyes isn't really my thing after all. Some of my students were asking me earlier whether I was feeling sad or not parting from him.. of course I do! I mean, we were too busy preparing for the receptions on both sides that we had little time to ourselves. The next thing I knew, it was time to fly back to Sandakan (and that's why for now, honeymoon is totally out of question). I must admit it was pretty hectic but I thank God that everything went well. (A lesson to be learnt: to other teachers out there, get married at the end of the year when you will have all the time in the world to prepare and savour the moment with your spouse!)

"How's married life?"

This seems to be the most frequently asked question coming from the people around me; in person or virtually, these days. Well, to be frank, I dunno how to answer this, mostly because everything else remains the same except for the fact that I have a husband somewhere across the South China Sea who needs wireless love and care from the wife who seems to be stuck million miles apart from him, and that I'm a Madam now and no longer a Miss (as quoted from my students today ha-ha but I dun care, I'm always a Miss as far as I'm concerned lalalala, read: denial). Whoa, time does fly, does it not? A lot has happened during these years, both good and bad. But, I must admit, now I'm feeling happier than I've been in a really, really long time. There's no better gift than the chance to be with someone who loves me the same way and accepts me for the way I am, no matter what it may be. Thank you, dear.. I just can't wait to live my life with you.. (now I'm missing you already!)

Seriously speaking, I envy those who have their spouses with them. Why, you may ask? Well, the Man and I, we've been together for so many years yet most of the time we're always far away from one another. Even now. Indeed, absence makes the heart grow fonder. But at times, the harder you try to resist, the more difficult it gets. Moral of the story: do appreciate the people around you while you still can. Show some love to all your near and loved ones before it's too late (thank God there is such thing called Celcom 1+5). =)

Anywayyyy, I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank those who'd come to our receptions the other day; you're such a gem for coming all the way to celebrate the merrymaking! And not forgetting our families, relatives and friends (you know who you are *winks*) who'd worked so hard to make our big day a reality.. Love you all~~~

So, what's next?

Drama, tests, exams, tonnes of paperwork and a lil bit of everything are coming my way until his next visit here some time in July. I better be prepared. (tsk.. tsk..)

Us, a week after saying our 'I dos'
Location: Tanjung Kling, Melaka, Malaysia.

P/s: Feel free to check out the wedding pics from our personal cameras at Facebook.

Comments

sya_zachery said…
sean sean.. apa leh wat.. dah tugas.. kena laa berpisah kejap dengan hubby tercinta..

Popular Posts