Pet Sisters

Let's take a walk down the memory lane for a bit...


When I was in Standard Two or Three, I had a pet sister in school. Yes, would you believe that?? It was like a trend back in the old days. This pet sister or brother is supposed to like us and wants to 'adopt' us as their own brother or sister. Usually the age gap is between two to three years. Funny eh? It wasn't then (but it is now lol I mean, you can just be friends instead of 'bro' or 'sis').

Mine was called Kak Eliza. She was in Standard Five (or Six) when she 'adopted' me. She called me 'Nora', as she claimed that my name's too long and a bit complicated to pronounce. Ha-ha. Being the lil sis, terima sajalah.. bukan senang nak berkakak-kakak angkat ni!


As far back as I could remember, she was very matured for her age, tall, slender and tan-skinned. She had a brother named Haikal. She used to live in Kamunting, Taiping but now I'm not so sure anymore. I mean, it's been a very long time and we've lost contact. The thing I remember most about her is her caring personality. Then, she had always made sure that I eat during recess time, helped me with my homework and sometimes we hung out together at the mall.  In school, she was one of the prefects and was in the smartest class. I kinda made her my idol during those days. It was fun, actually, mainly because I don't have any sister myself.


When I was in Form One, I had another pet sister and she's called Kak Zai, one year my senior. She's small, petite and pretty quiet but I like her all the same. In those days, we always write letters to one another (ha-ha) and sometimes we had recess together. We lost contact when I transferred to another school/district. But I never forget to send her birthday or raya cards annually coz I know she never changed her kampung address. I heard that she's now a nurse somewhere in Melaka. All the best for ya, sis!


I did 'adopt' a younger pet sister too. Her name is Ziella. She used to be my neighbour when I lived in Taiping. It has been many many years now, but we still keep in touch. Last time when we were young we used to play together (esp. Power Rangers, they were so famous back then) since we were the only girls around the area, the rest were boys. I was the Yellow Ranger as I'm more boyish unlike her who's ladylike, and that's why she was the Pink Ranger. We held our very first singing competition (longggg before AF, AI and whichever reality tv shows) and played rounders and broke a few windows (that's gotta be a record). Oh, the good old days! Just thinking about this tickles my funny bones! We were so young! :p


I hope I will have the chance to meet these people again one day. I don't know how but I hope I could. :)

Comments

isabelle said…
hihihi..betul la. i used to have many in primary school, sebab my bro is hem-sem. hehehe
Aida Ikmal said…
"isabelle, tolong pass surat ni kat abang u ek.. kata kakak bagi" hihihihi

Popular Posts