Sometimes I Forget

My hubby is a busy, busy man. He works shifts; 2 days, 2 nights and 4 days off. And it goes on and on and on - tak kiralah weekdays or weekends. Sometimes he has to go to customers' sites even on his day off or during the day when he works the night shift so it's hard for me to keep track of his working schedule, really, though he did give me his schedule for easy reference.

One thing I like about his rotating shift schedule is that it gives him opportunities to run errands, spend time with family and friends and engage in other activities that might be challenging on a fixed shift. For instance, if he works night shifts he can send his car for service, do grocery shopping with me (since I'm in the afternoon session now), go to the post office, bank and so on. It also gives me the opportunity to hang out with my friends especially if he works on weekends or the night shift (hehe). If he only works nights all the time, I'm sure he wouldn't be very active during the day and find it hard to complete many tasks that require being awake during the daytime, right? Sometimes I kesian him for having much difficulty acclimating himself to it in the beginning, but come to think of it, he has more time to rest apart from the typical 5 working days/2 days off.. so I guess he's doing okay.

Here's the thing. We're the type of people who rarely talk or text on the phone (zaman 24/7 berkepit dengan henpon sudah pun berlalu hehe). Sometimes I do refer to his schedule, sometimes I don't, especially when he's at the office and I'm also busy with work and other things. If he's on the day shift during weekdays, we usually reach home after work at about the same time - 7 something. There was this one time when I reached home but he wasn't there. I thought he was working extra hours so after I prepared dinner and did apa-apa yang patut, I watched TV and waited for him to come home. Tunggu punya tunggu, in the end I texted him.. "Sayang, when are you coming home? Are you on your way?" After a while he replied, "I work the night shift lah tonight dear." Erkkk!

Sometimes I just forget. Well, so much for rotating shifts!

Comments

yaya|azura said…
There are always pro and con working shift hours. Esp kalau shift asyik berubah-ubah. Haihh.. sabar jelah ye Puan Aida. Hihihihi.
Aida Ikmal said…
tu lah.. kalo ada 'companion' kat rumah bagus gak kan hehehe
yaya|azura said…
Insyallah. Nanti ada lah companion tu. Bila dah ada sure busy gile mengalahkan menteri. Hehe.

Popular Posts