A fiery temperament

My feet ached. I screamed heartily from deep inside. but I kept on going. going, and going, without turning back. My head ached, too, and I felt like banging it up against the wall. Do not ask me why I wanted to do so. But I think I'll be better off without harming myself. Frankly speaking, I'm sort of deprived of quality sleep these days but what the heck! My stomach grumbled, adding up to my already mountainous agony, crying out to me wanting to be fed. Yeppp, coming up... be patient a bit aye!

But wait.. it seemed like I'd forgotten something. Good god. I ran back down, knowing how disappointed it would be for that someone not having what was requested previously. But I'm running late!, I said to myself. Thump, thump, I went down the stairs, got what I was there for, and came back up in the speed of light.

Panting, I looked around. He was nowhere in sight. Where are you? I contemplated my answers of my own rhetorical question. I heaved a sigh of frustration and slight annoyance, especially after receiving 'the call'. It's okay, this is only a small matter, I constantly reminded myself, attempting to be calm before I get too close to snapping. And if all else fails, I might need to excuse myself and dash off to indulge in a social interaction or a relaxation technique. Doesn't it sound better? what the heck am i blabbing about...

After a while, 'ah, here he is!', roared myself jovially. But everything vapourised as angry remarks hit me on the face the instant I got inside the car. I marvelled at his unfathomable demonstration of peculiar behaviour. Slowly, I wiped off the sweat on my forehead, so completely stumped that I could hardly say a word. I remained silent all the way through and only whispered my answers at whatever questions thrown at me. This can't be happening.. I'd tried my best!, I screamed angrily inside for words had failed me this time. I cried invisible tears as I immersed myself looking at the passing vehicles and the view outside. And all of a sudden, I didn't feel hungry anymore....

Forget about dinner, or everything else. I do not even want to deal with this anymore. It's too painful and excruciating. It's true that if I don't get my own way I would embark on my set of temper tantrums. Most of the times, yes. But this time I figured that it's a lil bit different. I was trying to prove a point, and was not in one of my moods for nothing! A girl could not take in too much, could she?! My pride was torn apart. And my heart ached, literally. Who's to be blamed? Mind you, I'm not trying to start the blaming game. I just think, maybe this one time, I am right and that my thoughts and feelings are counted, and considered. Just maybe. Cranky? No way. I'm in a bad mood, plain and simple. I'm this close to letting it fly, but for some reason, I stop myself. I'll know it was an even better move tomorrow, when I see the person I spared from verbal decimation. Thank goodness I was merciful. It wouldn't have been a fair fight.

But I don't think that he even cared. Period.

Comments

Popular Posts