The unlucky one

A question from my colleague regarding my interview triggered my memory of what had happened not long ago.. It is still fresh in my mind as if it happened only yesterday..

"Miss Aida, your documents are incomplete, we cannot accept you for the interview.."
"What do you mean by incomplete?"
"Your degree is in English, so you must provide the BM translation. also, I notice that you dun have an official academic transcript"
"My other friends din have any issue with their degree written in English. Besides in the calling letter it stated that translations are needed only for degrees besides English and Malay.. but yes, regarding the transcript, I must say that its on the way from NZ as I just applied for it. We weren't told earlier about its importance.. I only have the unofficial one"
"Whatever your reasons are, it is still against what is required for the interview.."
"A little courtesy from the interviewer, perhaps? Can you ask on behalf on me?"
"I cannot guarantee anything but I will ask him after this"
"Thanks"

A couple of minutes later, she came out of the interview room and shook her head, signalling me that the Datuk refused to interview me.. Furious, I nodded out of courtesy, took my folder and headed back home.. I tried to call my other friends regarding this matter.. I even called SPP to check on the degree translation matter and the only answer they gave me was to refer to SPP Putrajaya instead.. d'oh!

The next day, I rang my friend from the same university, who went for her interview in another centre, and to my surprise, she managed to get through for the interview, without any issue with the degree translation whatsoever. But of course, with a condition, provided that she will post the copy of the official transcript to JPN Sabah within 1 month period. But still!! I talked to my principal regarding the matter and he asked me to try again the next day (the last day for the interview).

Armed with the story of my friend's successful deal, I went to the centre. But to my frustration, again, the Datuk refused to make a bargain. Well.. at least I've tried.. so now I've no choice but to wait to be called for the next interview.. in which the earliest would be in March!

Comments

Anonymous said…
dear..
the interview is for what?
a new job or what?
Aida Ikmal said…
it wasnt an interview for a new job.. it was an interview to confirm my placement into the government service.. every government officer will undergo this procedure
Anonymous said…
wooo...
cmtu...
so slagi x confirm,kire mcm under contract ke?
Aida Ikmal said…
x juga la.. cuma u will not have all the government servant privileges if u r not confirmed lor.. that, including certain allowances and other incentives.. also, ur status is not confirmed, title guru sandaran je la though ko keje cam guru biasa.. watever the case, aku mmg ada contract under my scholarship last time

Popular Posts