Green with envy

Phewww! At last, my new updated blog is here! I figure that I needed a change in my life, and I guess I could start with giving a fresh touch to my blog - by choosing a green-themed skin! Green colour is known as a cool colour and is calming in effect. Since I spend lotsa times writing here, I guess it would be helpful in times of stress especially. It can soothe and relax us mentally and physically. It also helps alleviate depression, nervousness and anxiety, and offers a sense of renewal, self-control, and harmony. (as quoted from SensationalColour)

I'd like to share some interesting facts I found about the green colour. Check 'em out!

Interesting information about green
  1. Green was the favorite color of George Washington, the first President of the United States.
  2. The color green signifies mystical or magical properties in the stories of King Arthur.
  3. Green is the color used for night-vision goggles because the human eye is most sensitive to and able to discern the most shades of that color.
  4. Bright green is the color of the astrological sign "Cancer."
  5. Green ribbons have been used by a range of environmental groups to symbolize organ donation and transplant, awareness of Bipolar Disorder, solidarity with Chechnya, and support of farmers in America.
  6. In several religions, green is the color associated with resurrection and regeneration.
  7. Green is a powerful color according to the ancient wisdom of Kabbalah, because it is the color of the Central Column that stands between right and left, positive and negative, giving and receiving.
  8. Green is the color of Venus, the Roman goddess of love and beauty.
  9. The prophet Mohammed wore a green cloak and turban.
  10. The God of fertility in Celtic myths was associated with green.
  11. Green is the color associated with Sunday in the Catholic church and the altar cloth is usually green for Sunday services.
  12. Green is the color that represents Irish-Catholics, while orange represents Irish-Protestants.
  13. Green is used worldwide to represent safety.
  14. In several religions, green is the color associated with resurrection and regeneration.
  15. In Ghardaia and other parts of M'zab, houses painted in green indicate that the inhabitants have made a pilgrimage to Mecca.
  16. Green, blue-green, and blue are sacred colors in Iran, where they symbolize paradise.
  17. As the emblematic color of Ireland, green represents the vast green hillsides, as well as Ireland's patron saint, St. Patrick.
  18. In Japan, green is regarded as the color of eternal life.
  19. In Aztec culture, green was considered to be royal because it was the colour of the quetzal plumes used by the Aztec chieftains.
  20. The solid green flag of Libya is currently the only national flag of a single color.
  21. In China, jade stones represent virtue and beauty.
  22. In Portugal, green is the color of hope because of its associations with spring.
  23. In the highlands of Scotland, people used to wear green as a mark of honor.
  24. There is a superstition that sewing with green thread on the eve of a fashion show brings bad luck to the design house.
I chuckled upon reading about what it says about people who buy green vehicles since I myself own one. Hee-hee. It stated that a person who drive a vehicle that is dark green is traditional, trustworthy and well-balanced while for those who drive a bright yellow-green vehicles are depicted as trendy, whimsical and lively. Wow, that's something right.. I dun even know about that before! I just like green as it's calming and soothing.. and different.. yes, different, especially when the cars in my school are mostly black, silver and cream in colour!

trendy, whimsical and lively eh? ha-ha

That's it for now, I'm too sleepy that I couldn't think anymore. So, feel free to comment on the new look of my blog. All comments are very much appreciated! Go green! *grin*

p/s: I even changed my YM skin and desktop background to green too! Heee.

Comments

Unknown said…
Cool design...
Cool colour...
I like...
;)
HaiRy AzZy said…
waahh...cool info! i own a green car too! *high 5*

Popular Posts