Welcoming 2009

"Ding, dong", there goes the clock when it strikes twelve on December 31st. This marks the beginning of a new year, and more. It isn't only about a change of calendar, or when people wish each other a very Happy New Year. For most of us, it lights up hopes and wishes for a better tomorrow.

Things I've been through/achieved in 2008:
  • Got posted to a new, unexpected place so far away from my loved ones
  • Made new, interesting friends and rekindled old relationships
  • Moved a few times before finally settled in
  • Bought my first car
  • Fought and sulked with someone who used to be close to me
  • Trained my drama team till state level (tired but proud of it!)
  • Started dj-ing back after putting down my headset for 2 years
  • Got myself a bob-cut, something I'd never tried before
  • Developed a fetish for squash
  • Celebrated me and Bie's 6 years of relationship
  • Toured around Sabah when I got the chance to do so
  • Flew back all the way to Wellington for my graduation in May
  • Witnessed majority of my friends getting either engaged or married
  • Travelled to Singapore, Terengganu and Melaka all in the same month
  • Flew to and fro the Peninsular about 10 times a year!
  • Saved up money and bought my first D-SLR
  • Rewarded myself a diamond necklace for my birthday
  • To realise that I rarely see my Grandma and now she'd gone forever (you never miss the water till it's gone)
Things I'm wishing for in 2009:
  • Health and happiness for my family and friends
  • Continuing doing my best at work and always working hard
  • Strengthening my drama team so that we could go national
  • Continuing my excellent relationship with my boy friend
  • Tying the knot (possibly)
  • Getting through the SPP interview and next confirming my placement into the government service
  • Getting a transfer so I could be closer to home and loved ones
  • Meeting new people and maintaining existing relationships, and maybe reconciling with someone
  • Understanding the people around me better especially my students
  • Wishing I could procrastinate less and less this year
  • Saving up money for travel and own house
  • Developing a new hobby, perhaps
2008 had been both an amazing and a challenging year for me, so I hope that 2009 is going to be my best year yet! Wishing everyone happiness and joy.. and God blessings for the New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts