What an exhausting day

It was raining heavily the moment I left my house for school this morning. I walked all the way to my usual parking space to find it empty. God, I scared myself off. I dunno what's got into me for forgetting the fact that I parked it somewhere nearer to my block. Upon reaching school, I was told that there was an accident near the road to our school involving a school bus. Just imagine! Thank God I took the other road, did not get stuck with anything and reached school on time.

I had entered all the classes that I'll be teaching all year through except one - 5F, for EST. We were told by the principal to start off with EST classes in the afternoon right away, yet, we cancelled it today since it's only the first week! However, we had our first English Panel meeting for this year, witnessing the absence of Lat and Hiew and the presence of a new teacher, Ms. Chung. We basically discussed about the last meeting, ULBS and PLBS, scheme of work, tests and exams, competitions, reference books and many more. Chung was appointed directly as the new secretary, taking away Laurence's place. It was so-called an annual tradition, or so, as they called it. Ha-ha. This year's drama team will be led by me, assisted by 3 other teachers - Chang, Chung and Amalia. We're targetting for nationals this year! I'll surely ask for lotsa funds for the props and costumes from the school. Remind me to get the replacement for our former team members who left school this year.

Starting this week onwards, all teachers need to stay back until 3pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and 3.30pm on Thursdays. Doesn't make much difference to us EST teachers though, since we normally stay back for EST classes. Of course, there are a lot of complaints but I don't think there's anything that we can do anyway. We are after all, "saya yang menurut perintah" (yours faithfully).

Oh yes, today, of all days, we received an unexpected visit after recess time. With one Nazir going around the school to check on the teachers, the staff room seemed like a madhouse! Hope he'll like the new peach colour of Sung Siew buildings this year! Ha-ha.

Another breaking news. Apart from using printed lesson plans to be put into this one huge blue file, we were told that we need to use a record book instead this year! Imagine writing all those lengthy plans! I don't know whose stupid, unreasonable idea is this. Huh. That very thought basically ends my entry for today. I'm off to bed now, certainly not amused. I hope I won't be getting any nightmares tonight. Zzzz..

Comments

Popular Posts