Worth the Wait

Alhamdulillah (thanks to Allah), despite of all the things that happened to me today (that includes dropping a glass, dropping such an important letter at the parking lot, waking up late and next going late to school, blah blah blah... yes I know, I'm prone to trouble and silly accidents lol), I managed to get through one of the most nerve-breaking procedures in order to confirm my placement into the government service. Every education officer will undergo this interview with SPP (Suruhanjaya Perkhidmatan Pelajaran) and once we're confirmed, it enables us to get certain privileges, allowances, incentives, holidays, and even house loan (with interests much lower to be compared with those in private sector). So, today of all days, is the day!

I din know what to expect in the beginning, but from what my batchmate, Daniel, had been telling me over and over again, the interviewer was okay so I shouldn't be THAT nervous. That mere thought was kinda comforting, yet why did I still feel butterflies in the stomach? That's unexplainably common if you are going to be evaluated, I guess. Ha-ha. Yes, I felt so relief throughout the interview and after that, for it went well, better than I'd expected. Most of the time we talked about 'our' (read: our, that is his and mine) experiences in New Zealand.. can you believe that his daughter is one of my juniors at Victoria University??? (she'd just gone there so I dun really know her) Only towards the end of the 30-minute interview did he asked me about the methods I use to teach English in the classroom. So much for memorising PIPP, Barisan Kabinet Malaysia, Konsep Islam Hadhari, PPSMI, etc. etc., eh? (lol) Whatever it is, I can't help but feel soooooo glad that it's all over now. So, there goes!~ =)

Frankly speaking, I wasn't as prepared like I did last year when I'd gone through the same thing, except that I didn't get to be interviewed due to some documentation probs. Looks like it was well worth the wait after all. I'm starting to believe that every cloud DID have a silver lining. Ha-ha.

p/s: Congrats to those who'd made it through this time 'round!
;)

Comments

Alang AD said…
uhuhuhu!~
really bad day huh?
s0b!~ s0b!~ s0b!~
Aida Ikmal said…
only in the beginning..
tapi bila dah lepas interview..
owh happynya x ingat! =)

Popular Posts