Strumming Away

Ouch, my fingers hurt due to practising a lot with the guitar. This is normal for a beginner, especially a slow learner like me to get all the chords right. I'm now familiar with all the basic chords yet I still find it difficult to change chords quickly. Playing a full song is like soooo millions and zillions of years away! LOL Besides, I'm still not used to pressing the strings hard to ensure that the sound comes out right. Whenever I want to change chords, I'm like all kelam-kabut and the tunes will all go wrong. Gah!

Some of you might be surprised to find out about my latest obsession. Why, you may ask? I dunno, the idea seemed to slip into my mind out of nowhere, and for no apparent reason. All of a sudden, I decided I wanted to learn to play guitar and voila!, I approached a colleague who knows how to play it to teach me. Lucky me, she agreed. So I bought this cheap guitar so that I could practice easily. Now I'm having guitar lessons two times a week (sometimes I skip ha-ha) Strictly no pressure. Just the way I like it. =)

I think within a few weeks of practice I'm sooooo gonna to get corns on the three fingers. Trust me. Even now I can feel the hardness and numbness on them. So much for learning guitar eh?

Though life is pretty hectic lately, I still eat, drink, sleep and dream about guitar. There just seems to be no end for it for the time being. Not yet.

Comments

Popular Posts