Against All Odds

They can be such a nuisance sometimes. At one point, I just think that I simply cannot stand it any longer. The more you're trying to educate them, and so-called moulding them to be a better person, the worse they get every time. I admit that I'm short-tempered, yes I am, but the thing is, I don't get angry all the time, only when my sensitive point is put to test. After all, I'm a mere human. I'm not perfect, I make mistakes and I'll be furious once my limit is breached.

Sometimes, I keep on thinking, why are they being difficult? Is it because of me? Or is it because I'm not strict enough, or because that's just the way they are? After all, teenage years are all about rebelliousness. No one wants to be controlled, but in school, there are certain rules and regulations that we simply need to abide by. Outside, even. Imagine how chaotic would the world be if people only want to bow down to their own needs and not care about other people, gosh, that sucks., wouldn't even want to think 'bout it So, yes, please throw away that sense of selfishness you have in you.. the world does not only revolve around you, you know!

Once upon a time, I was relieved to know that I'll be a secondary school teacher. Personally, I really look forward to work with young adults who are matured enough to figure out right and wrong on their own. But now, I'm having a second thoughts about it. Do not get me wrong, I still feel that way, it's just that sometimes it's just too much, and I'm just tired doing the same thing over and over again - disciplining. It is just too time-consuming, and in addition it exhausts both my mind and body. Sometimes I pity those who have to face the consequences due to other people's wrongdoings. It can be unfair, I know. But what's done is done. We're living in the world in which we have to be cruel to be kind. Whatever it is, I believe there is goodness in every one of them.. let's just hope that they will realise that before it's too late. One lesson I've learnt for sure is that time is unforgiving.. No matter how much we want to turn back time and fix things - it can't be done~~~

Comments

that the challenge as a secondary teacher...
must more patient even sometimes their 'peel' make yu become hulk hogan!!!

cayok in ur career lalink!!!!
Latique said…
Take it easy. It can be frustrating. Don't ever let them get into your nerves. It isn't worth it. Sometimes prayers calm. Do it silently in your heart, you'll feel better eventually.
"Don't sweat the small stuffs at work" is my secret key to it. And trust me, SS students are far better compared to where I am now...
Alang AD said…
ermm.. :(
nak buat cemana kan ?
dah itu tugas yang harus dipikul ..
kdg2 kita wish.. kalo2 buleh turn back time ..
tp .. andai kata buleh sekalipun .. belum tentu kita akan boleh buat yg lebih baik dari yg skrg ..

change will not come if we wait 4 some other person or some other time... we r d ones we've been waiting 4... n maybe we r d change that we seek.

Sometimes... we r made wise not by d recollection of our past... but by d responsibility 4 our future...

wish u best of luck then .. :D
Aida Ikmal said…
pu3:
u r right, that's the challenge i have to face on daily basis.. usually i could manage it all, it's just that sometimes, things go way out of what we've imagined it to be.. papepun thanks :)

lat:
u sound like mr lee who keeps on saying that "we need to be grateful and thankful blah blah blah" lol! anyhu, i agree with u, sometimes it's always better to just ignore it and hopefully time will wash away the growing frustration :)

bard:
true, i cannot run away from problems.. as that is my job, my responsibility.. but it wouldn't hurt expressing what i feel about the whole thing here, right? :p sometimes i try to put myself in their shoes, and i figure that it takes two to tango after all - let's just hope things will improve sooner or later *being positive here haha*
Latique said…
Mr Lee???? Nooooooooooooooooooo!! Total nightmare hahaha.

Popular Posts