Of August, teaching and Ramadhan.

Wow, it's already August! I can't believe that it has been almost a year. Been kinda busy lately.. well, I've never been 'not busy', I think. Most of the time I will have things to be done. Even if you can see me online, I may not be in front of my laptop after all. I may be doing some documentations at the same time, or you'll never know, marking papers while watching TV, something like that.

The EXCEL for PMR is already over and now I'm left with stacks of scripts to be marked. At least there are only 1 essay, 1 summary and 1 literature response, unlike SPM papers - 2 long essays. I'd finished marking Section B and C for both classes I'm teaching, yet need more time to work on Section A. It's an eyesore at times, y'know, having to look at their scribbles. Anywayyyy, I hope I can finish it before the hols because the EXCEL for SPM is coming soon! That means more work is to be expected in the fasting month. Well, I hope I can manage.

This year I only teach Form 3 and 5. In a way, it's kinda taxing teaching all exam classes. On the other hand, it's kinda good as it pushes me to do my work more efficiently (I've always been a big time procrastinator lol!) Maybe I should just stick to teaching Form 3 after this? But I must admit I adore teaching the Form Fivers - let's face it, they're more matured, so I'd like to consider them as friends. So, yeah, let's see how it goes next year... I'm still waiting for the transfer form to come out in MOE site, though. A few teachers had asked me whether I'm really gonna get a transfer, and sorry to say, I have to say yes. I've always been far from home and though I know I'm gonna miss my current school once I'm gone, it's time to move on (despite my less than 2 years of experience *huhu*). Maybe I should start focusing more on my married life. After all, families stick together till the end, don't they? No worries, teaching is still my main passion :)

I like it when the students show their eagerness to learn and I'm able to give them what they need.

I like it when they score in the tests and exams. After all, no teacher wants their students to fail. If they fail, I'll cry with them silently.

I like it when they put a lot of efforts in the projects I'd assigned them. Sometimes I feel like putting their work in a museum! (ok, now I'm exaggerating ha-ha!)

I like it when they ask questions about the topic we're discussing rather than talking nonsense.

I like it when they call me 'Teacher!' with great enthusiasm.

I like it when some students quickly switch from other languages to English (and sometimes, struggle for words) when they want to speak to me.

I like it when they consult me whenever they have problems...

... and a lot more!

And by calling yourself a teacher, that means you're also the doctor, nurse, photographer, model, manager, motivational speaker, engineer, carpenter, cleaner, trainer, chef, career consultant, mother, father, and the list goes on. It's the profession that makes all other professions possible. (I was touched the other day with a student claiming "I want to be a teacher just like you!!" T_T)

Oh, what a joy it is being a teacher! There is simply no other job in the world to compare with it. It's really hard work, but the rewards are beyond calculation. (we're still underpaid, but at least we have more holidays ha-ha)

And with Ramadhan just around the corner, I really look forward to this year's fasting and Raya! This year I'll be going back to Malacca first, then Perak. Well, that's how it goes when you've been married. I'm sure my parents can manage. After all, this is not the first time I haven't gone back for Raya. And that was when I was studying overseas (good experience, though!). I dunno what to expect but I have a good feeling about it. Ramadhan is a challenging month but also fulfilling. Fasting is one of the ways to show our sympathy to those poor people who are starving somewhere out there. It's also a good time to exercise our patience and tolerance. Health-wise, it's a good way to detoxify and cleanse your body! Ok, now I'm excited! Ha-ha. Anywayyy, I'd already sent in our cloths for tailoring but I still need to find cloths for my parents and brothers, and not to mention, to prepare 'Angpow' for the young ones. And, oh, the list simply goes on and on!

Till then. :)

Comments

ez@din said…
Bznyer dia..aku pun nk jd cikgu bitara mcm ko gak ar..keje2 gak kesihatan kena jaga k..
Aida Ikmal said…
biasa la tu dah nak cuti2 plus nak hujung tahun ni jah.. kerja x pernah putus2.. *huhu*

anywayyyy, thanks for ur concern, babe! u take care too~

Popular Posts