Holiday Updates

Ha-ha. I din realise that I have been abandoning my personal blog for other things (mostly Facebook, not really because I'm occupied with fantastic holiday plans, ha-ha). Well, blog, here I am!

To be frank there's nothing much to update. During the one-week hols I'd done a lot of lounging around doing basically nothing but expanding waistlines and shrinking my bank accounts (too much shopping! lol). Hubby is working so most of the time I'd be home alone accompanied by our cat, my humble and loyal laptop and kononnya super-fast internet service. Not much house work to be done anyway so I'm left with loads of free time on my hands. Sometimes I'd read books - I'd finished one out of the two novels I bought the other day at MPH. Will update on that later. In the evening I'll be cooking for break-fasting, mostly simple dishes since there's just the two of us. Oh, I really miss cooking in Wellington with the girls.. I wish I could turn back time!!

Teddy, who loves to be pampered, given food and left alone to take her nap

Sometimes I feel like hanging out with friends but too bad most of them are working and not a teacher like me. Plus, it's the fasting month so people are usually busy with something else or just too tired to hang out. So, sometimes I end up roaming and raiding the malls on my own (thanks to hubby's ride, I can move around easily - just not used to not having any transportation hehe). Sounds pathetic, I know. But it is not THAT bad after all. I still enjoy the privacy of it all. The funny thing is, I'll park as near as possible to the mall so that I don't have to walk so far with the shopping bags! After all, no one is gonna help me to carry 'em *huhu*

At the beginning of the hols, Hubby and I managed to escape the hectic KL to stunning Penang for a short (romantic :p) getaway. It was a decision out of pure spontaneity and we loved every second of it. There seems to be a lot of development especially in the city area I find it hard to get my bearings right (used to go to Penang a lot when I was little). We'd decided to stay at Hydro Majestic Hotel in Batu Feringghi where it is close to the beach. The room is great, the service is awesome, the facilities are well-kept and the view is magnificent! Totally recommended! We even had food sent to our room at 5 in the morning due to the fasting month since the normal complimentary breakfast is totally out of the question.. so, literally, we did, for the first time ever, have breakfast in bed *lol*

(click on the pic below to see more pics@my Flickr)
Btw, on Saturday (the first day of Ramadhan), I had received the sad news that my uncle had passed away. Hubby and my bro skipped work and I cancelled my date with Huda and together we rushed back to Teluk Intan for his funeral. We arrived a lil bit too late but hubby and bro managed to go to the cemetery to pay their last respect. This uncle was my mom's brother and indeed, it was a great loss to everyone. He had always been helpful, caring and loving though he din really show it. But we adore and love him all the same. May you rest in peace wherever you are, Ayahwa. God bless you. Al-Fatihah.

Also, last Friday, we had invited close friends and family to come to our house in Puchong for break-fasting and I had prepared tonnes of delicious Western food to feed those hungry monsters (ha-ha, kidding). Too bad that a lot of people couldn't make it that day. It's okay, it was a last-minute thing after all. Next time, maybe?

(click on the pic below to see more pics@my Flickr)
Clockwise: steamed veggies, corn hob, mashed potato, salmon strip, mixed fruits macaroni

So there you go, a full-fledged report on the last hols. And I just can't wait for the upcoming Raya hols which is just around the corner! (but first, work and more work, duh)

Till then :)

Comments

Popular Posts