Do You Feel What I Feel?

Does it feel awkward for you to actually speak with someone you're mad at? I think it does, for me at least. Maybe it's mainly caused by my moody and temperamental personality. Well, you know how it is. Our moods change like the weather. One day we're okay and the next we're not, and you never know why. For some, it makes life much harder than it needs to be. Don't ask me, I don't even know why either. (maybe coz I have high expectations? hmm...)

The thing is, when I'm mad at someone, I tend to give them the cold shoulder and silent treatment every time the relationship/friendship hits a bump in the road. I'm not really the type who actually lash out easily. And I don't believe I'm that calm and composed either. Maybe most of the time it's because I don't know how to react to the situation or how to respond appropriately when I'm actually mad. I'll be some sort of speechless and at loss for words that I prefer to remain silent instead.

Okay, so I might overreact just a bit, not if I can help it! The reaction seems almost natural. Someone says/does something... I don't like it or not comfortable with it... So I get upset... one minute I'll be ecstatic, loving, warm, friendly... then my mood flips so I'm irritable, sad, cold, aloof and suddenly it's me against the world... Of course I try to stay relaxed for the entire day but at times I start thinking about certain things in which leads me to thinking of other things and end up accidentally feeling depressed. That's just the way it is for now, but I believe things will change eventually.

I think it's normal to have fluctuations in mood from time to time... so I really feel sorry for the people around me when I'm all moody and snappy... Maybe I DO need to go to bed and sleep... Lack of sleep messes me up. Also, I think I must learn NOT to overreact to criticism.

YES! Aida must learn not to overreact to criticism... Aida must learn not to overreact to criticism... Aida must learn not to overreact to criticism... *chanting incessantly*

So... how often do you have mood swings?? And how do you deal with it??


p/s: Took the Keirsey Temperament Sorter II Test and it turned out that I'm an Artisan.


Comments

Popular Posts