Movies, Anyone?

It seems ages since I last watched any Japanese dramas/movies (and that could be when I was still doing my undergrad studies!). But thanks to Eimy who introduced me to MySoju, I'm beginning to watch 'em once more, this time, ONLINE! There's a long list of Japanese, Korean and Taiwanese dramas and movies in the website, old and new, so take your pick to suit your liking!

Dramas can go on way too long so I watched movies instead. My first pick was the ever emotional family drama "1 Litre of Tears". Surely you will accumulate one litre of tears (or more!) at the end of the movie eventually, no kidding! Haha.

Anyhu, this inspiring movie is based on the real-life struggles of a girl named Aya who suffered from an incurable disease (quote: "spinocerebellar degeneration - a terrible disease where the cerebellum of the brain gradually deteriorates to the point where the victim cannot walk, speak, write, or eat"), but lived life to the fullest until she died at the age of 25. I'm so revered with her determination and strong-willed personality. She hardly gave up on her fate and kept going strong with the support of her friends and family. You go, girl!

Next, I chose to watch Cyborg Girl, and though I've never heard of it before, it's surprisingly super nice! The movie is an intelligent combo of romance, comedy, action and sci-fi led by Haruka Ayase and Keisuke Koide and it's something like Terminator meets The Time Traveller's Wife, if you ask me.


"He's a bad man, he doesn't like me anymore.. Because I eat too much and I act crazy. I'm very jealous, he said. At first he didn't mind but he said I punch him too hard." - Cyborg Girl

Basically, this highly entertaining movie revolves around a geek's mundane and uninteresting life, until he met a cute cyborg from the future with super powers who's out to save his life. Gradually he started falling in love with her but being a robot, she had no emotions whatsoever though she kinda liked him in a way. The CGI effects - especially the earthquake and Tokyo destruction are quite admirable. This movie got me hooked from the start. Things do get a bit melodramatic at times and I must say I like the ending (I wept, okay!!), it was a nice twist. It's true when they say, love knows no boundaries! Also, I must add that all the songs in this movie are awesome! Totally recommended!

p/s: What's next?? Teehee.

Comments

isabelle said…
wah3x..ni layan CGI ke, layan jiwang nih?
hehehe
Aida Ikmal said…
lebih kepada layan jiwang kot.. in a quirky kinda way hohoho ni la kot penangan laki kat semenanjung, wife kat sabah hahaha :p

Popular Posts