Unwell.

Just came back from my short weekend getaway and hell, I was sick as a dog! For a few days, I suffered from flu, cold, sore throat, chesty cough, high fever and stomach ache. Oh, the agony of it all!

I really hate getting sick because it just takes the wind right out of my sail. It makes me feel uncomfortable and groggy all the time. I know that everybody will get sick and there's just not much we can do about it, or.. is there any? When I do get sick, I do what everyone else does: drink plenty of water, take my medication and get lots of rest, and usually it will last for a couple of days. Actually, I've been planning to do a lot of things this week, but unfortunately I won't be able to do so. Oh well, the good thing is that I can spend more time for myself resting and bumming around!

The worst part is to call the employer to tell that I'm unable to go to work because of illness (just because everything must be in black and white!) But going to work is particularly painful when you're sick. Normally, I like my job. But when I'm miserably heaving over the toilet and sweating profusely while thinking about my upcoming lessons, it kinda wear me out. I also hate it when other people complain of others being sick.. The reality is, some people DO get sick so they don't need anyone making them feel worse okay! 

So, take care of yourself! After all, no one likes to be sick (though some may use it as an excuse, and that just makes it bad when you really do become ill and no one believes you). Get ready to face all those viruses and bacteria at the first sign of a scratchy throat, the sniffles or a rise in body temperature! Remember to eat healthily and exercise regularly as they always go hand in hand. But, of course, it's easier said than done!


p/s: Happy Belated Birthday, Sue and Lil' Isyraf! 

Comments

isabelle said…
sabar ye.
have a good rest & u'll recover faster than forcing urslef at work in that condition.

huwarghh! i cant wait for another break!
Aida Ikmal said…
me too! huwaaaaaaaaa

Popular Posts