Twilight Saga: Eclipse


Thank you Eclipse for uplifting my dampened mood and spirit! These few weeks my mood seems to change a lot due to some invidious events/issues that make me feel sad, depressed and unhappy. It's like a really bad joke has been played on me.. Am I supposed to laugh at some point? Everything seems to be ticking me off lately.. everything seems to be going wrong and I've no idea why! What I know is that after last week I'm feeling so much better - all thanks to my favourite trio - debonair and romantic Edward, fickle and indecisive Bella and dashing, well-built Jacob!


In my opinion, Eclipse is a nice mix of romance, action and drama. It's definitely the best by far, I mean, not as good as Twilight but not as bad as New Moon. Since I read the book of course there are some things I'd prefer to be made differently but suffice to say, generally I really enjoyed the movie. I just couldn't stop 'ooh-ing' and 'awww-ing' throughout the movie (y'know what I'm talking about, Huda! hehe). It is indeed one beautiful, unusual love story. And not to mention, Eclipse was a total drool fest! There are Edward, Jacob, Riley, Emmet, Jasper blah blah blah.. :p


The story begins with Edward and Bella discussing about his marriage proposal, one of his conditions if Bella wishes to be changed into a vampire. She totally freaks out over the idea - not because she doesn't wanna be with him, but because it sounds so antediluvian and that she's not ready yet.. I mean, she's only 17 (unlike ageless Edward)! Meanwhile, Victoria (the antagonist from the first book/movie) has planned vengeance, manipulating newborn vampires led by Riley. In order to protect Bella, the Cullen family must band together with the wolf pack, which also means that Edward and Jacob have to put aside their rivalry. This story also gives us some insights into Jasper and Rosalie's previous lives and the Quillete/wolf origins. I totally love the scenes with the Cullen's training and then the battle at the end with the newborns. It's definitely one of the highlights in this movie. Apart from that, I'd like to see the movie end as the book did.. with Jacob running off after receiving the wedding invitation, it's just too bad it's not happening. Plus, the dialogues, oh someone please do something about the cheesy, uninspired lines!


Can't wait for the final installment of the story, Breaking Dawn - I heard that it will be split into 2 movies. Tsk. I'm not even sure whether that is a good thing or a bad thing. Well, we just have to wait and see.

p/s: I'm Team Edward! You? (yeah, yeah, I know, aku ni memang a hopeless, incurable romantic ha-ha)

Comments

Popular Posts