In the Mood for Raya

Yes, it's that time of the year again. Raya is just tomorrow.. are you excited?? I am!! Raya songs are played, the lights are twinkling and everyone is joyful.. it's just hard not to be one! This year we'll be going back to Melaka first and next, to my kampung in Perak.. Oh, I just can't wait to see the whole family.. it'll be a blast! 

When it comes to raya, it's never too early to get ready for it! Preparing for raya is both fun and nerve-wrecking but I love it anyway as it puts me in a great mood! While I'm not like some super-organized people who get everything ready weeks before raya itself, I do have a simple checklist to work on, to ensure that I don't miss out on anything:
  1. Kuih raya - Check. I managed to bake a few batches of oat cookies and honey joys. Yang lain semua kuih tunjuk je (almond london, pineapple tart and makmur are a must-buy!)
  2. Deco - Err.. not really. Maybe none. Paling-paling pun tukar langsir.
  3. Baju raya - Check. Haruslah kan? This year we go pink, blue and turquoise.. Gorgeous colours, huh? We also got some for our family members. Oh, the joy of sharing!
  4. Hijab - Check. Bought a few awning/Syrian hijabs and shawls during our raya shopping at Jalan Masjid India.  They are more practical to be worn during the festive season especially when it's hot and you have to entertain guests and visit families and friends.
  5. Shoes - Check. This year I'm saying no to high heels and got myself a pair of Sachs wedge heels instead. They're a great choice when you want to be comfortable yet stylish at the same time.
  6. Handbag - My new brown Coach bag is not meant for raya but could be one! :)
  7. Kad raya - Din send any this year.. Is it just me or is it that people don't send out raya cards anymore? Usually I will just send text messages and e-cards. I mean, it's the thought that counts, right?
  8. Not forgetting... duit raya/angpow! - Check. Boohoo.. and I thought I could get away with this! (lol)
Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday.. Happy Raya from both of us!

Comments

Popular Posts