Meowing Back, Angrily

"According to the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary (2003), a copycat is someone who lacks their own ideas and does or says exactly the same as someone else."

*you = can either be singular/plural

When I got myself a bob hair cut, you got yourself one too.

When I update my blog, you update yours too. If I don't update mine, you don't update yours. Funny, isn't it?

When I put the link of my blog update on Facebook, you put yours too.

When I got myself a new pair of spectacles, you got yourself one too - almost the exact same pair at that.

When I wear unconventional, out-of-the-box outfits to work on certain days of the week, you do that too. When I wear a lot of make-up (eyeliner, blusher), you wear them too.. Sebelum ni tak pernah kisah pun??

When I start wearing shawls, you start wearing one too. The same goes to accessories like belts, oversize necklaces, bangles or big diamanté rings.

When I got myself a smart phone, you got the exact same one too - approx. one week later! (nasib baik I got a new one in which I ain't showing you!)

When I travel to certain places in Malaysia/overseas, you tend to be drawn to these places too.

When I chose to get married on a particular date, you specifically chose the same date too. Siap cakap your reception, clothes, make-up, photos were better than mine or other people's. OMG. Like, seriously?

When I pose like this or that for photos, all of a sudden or much much later, ada jer yang meniru gaya yang sama!


I'm not that perfect or anywhere near it, but, isn't this too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence? Kalau betul kebetulan, takpelah. Tapi ni macam terang-terang sangat meniru..

Though they say imitation is the best form of flattery (on a lighter note.. am I really that worthwhile to copy??  OK, that's just vain hahaha! Or is it jealousy - the need to be better than other people?), it's still so annoying having people copying everything we do, say, use, like, wear etc. etc. If you're a teenager who copies others in the search to find yourself, I guess it should be okay, but at your current age? Nahhhh...!

Gahhhh.. I hate copycats! Face it, you can never be me, and I can never be you, whoever you may be. Nonconformity, please. Get your own fcuking identity!

p/s: How do you deal with copycats?

Comments

Popular Posts