Life's Like That

If you're wondering how I'm doing, I'm doing just fine basically. Things got better so a thousand thank yous for your concern, really. Somehow I'm still coping with the new changes around me. Some are good, in fact better than before, while some, let's just say, only so-so.

Just within two months, there are some major changes in the household too. There are moments when I just wanna be selfish, but I'm no longer 'single' (if you know what I mean). The moment I wake up in the morning I have a house to attend to.. cleaning and all. Also, now everything is done for two.. cooking (before this asyik tapau je), doing the laundry etc. Living together demands cooperation and mutual understanding.. I'm glad I have such an understanding guy as my husband. Now, if I cook he will do the dishes and if I do the laundry he will help me to hang the clothes etc. I mean, bila sampai rumah sama-sama dah penat kan so kenalah saling bantu-membantu.. It also takes a lot of considerations to make the best decisions. So whatever happens, we just have to stick together and deal with it. Despite everything else, I do enjoy being a (real) married woman. :)

In terms of school, I find the management is a bit huru-hara.. It seems like they like to complicate easy matters. When I gave suggestions and all, they kept on saying 'that was impossible' or 'that is not how we do it here' or 'just continue whatever they've done'. Come on lah.. you gave me this post and that post (huh, typical) but when I tried to help and ease everyone's burden, you insisted that it is undoable. If that's the case, how are we ever going to improve things? This is what I don't like about changing environment.. somehow you are forced to follow the existing culture. I better keep my mouth shut then, nanti tak pepasal di label 'pandai-pandai', and it's not like my suggestions are taken into consideration anyway! Bosan!

Besides that, in my old school, photocopying materials is such a breeze. All we need to do is filling in a form and attach it to whichever materials we want to photocopy and a clerk will take care of everything. You come back in a day or so and it's all there.. ready to be used in your lesson. Here they only allow teachers to send exam papers for photocopying etc. We have to get the students to pay instead.. I mean, what's the problem with putting the printing fee under the school's lain-lain yuran je? At least we get to save time and ink from writing everything on the board. Lainlah kalau every classroom ada projector - kurang-kurang you can just use Power Point for each lesson and concentrate more on teaching and learning process. Am I right?

Another thing I hate is the staff meeting. We have meetings almost every week which usually take place out of normal work hours and sometimes on Saturdays. Most of the time, they are longer than they need to be, turning it into a painfully long, gruelling ordeal. I mean, have you ever met someone who loves meetings??

What makes me feel much better is that I have such good students (tak tau la sebab dorang masih Form 1 and still innocent gitu!). Apart from having low proficiency in English, they're willing to learn and never disappoint me (yet). They are very honest - they tell you what they think, they show you what they feel, they like you because they do like you (itu ari ada budak cakap "I like you, teacher. You're really kind." and when I asked her why, and she just smiled and said "I don't know how to explain it.. but you're realllly kind!" hehe) and they make you laugh and angry at the same time! I really love experimenting with them and seeing how much they enjoy the lesson. Teaching young teenagers really gives me satisfaction. It definitely makes me feel young too! When it comes to work, I have no desire for posts, power or domination of others (except my students heheheh). I just wanna teach, and that's what I'm good at and what I enjoy doing, so I'd rather put my time and effort into it. So, to hell with everything else! Boleh gitu?

p/s: One bad thing about transferring here is asyik melencong ke shopping mall on the way back from work.. Aiyokk!

Comments

isabelle said…
aiyooo...
jgn tkejut ekk.kat my fac pun, ada leceh mcm tu gak.
tapi part melencong tu, i terkecuali sbb i jrg balik awal.
MyNameIsdD said…
oh my this is what scares me when I think about being transferred to another school. You'll lose your seniority and everybody else would be looking at you as the new kid. It would like being recently posted after graduation, all over again T_T Keep your chin up dear, and I guess the best way is to look at the bright side.

1) you've got to play wife for real.
2) the kids are ossssuuum

best of luck! :-)
Aida Ikmal said…
@isabelle: i melencong sebab betul2 otw balik rumah hehe tak kira la pukul berapa pun

@dd: mmg ada tendency di buli di sekolah/tempat kerja baru :( it's like starting all over again.. new colleagues.. new environment.. new culture.. new students.. kalau lebih baik dari sebelumnya takpe la jugak

Popular Posts