Why I Love Vacations

I have a 'thing' with vacations. There, I said it. There are a lot of reasons why I love them. For starters, I get to unwind and relax with my family (and friends) and get a break from my usual routines. Along with that, I get to gain back the sleep that I've been deprived of and sleep as longggg as I want. Ha-ha.

But above all, it's because I think I deserve it. Going on a vacation is like getting a permission slip to stop worrying about everything else and start thinking about me. In addition, it also helps me get back to feeling my best. I mean, when was the last time you did something for yourself?

Many people don't take vacations often enough. I'm aware that not everyone is able to take a vacation or afford it in the first place, but just try to make time for yourself. Taking care of yourself is not selfish. Go somewhere - near or far, so that you get to forget about your problems momentarily, slow down, and just enjoy the moment. Trust me, there will come a moment during a vacation when you will heave a sigh of happiness and contentment and say "this is why I love vacations!". And by that time, I'm sure you'll gain perspective on your problems, so, yeah, I believe there's no better reason to go on a vacation, or anything for that matter, than because you deserve it!


Ahhh.. bliss~ (@Poda Island)

Well, it might be kinda obvious, why a person would love vacations.. but the thought of there's someone out there who actually hated it is kinda bizarre, don't you think so?

p/s: What's your ideal vacation?

Comments

Popular Posts