I Heart Swimming!

Swimming is a passion of mine. When I need to exercise and clear the head, I head for the pool, which is at least 2 or 3 times a week (I try to swim more frequent but don't wanna push it). Even without formal lessons, I've managed to master the breast stroke over the years and I must say I'm proud of myself. I can do freestyle/crawl and butterfly stroke too but they are really tiring. I can barely do 2 long laps without giving up and switching to breast stroke! (and here I wonder why some people say the breast stroke is a difficult swimming technique..) But I guess it's okay, considering the fact that the breast stroke burns about the same amount of calories as the crawl! ;)

Why do I love swimming so much (and you should too!)? There are quite a few reasons why I do. First, it really feels good when I swim. No matter how tired I am, there's nothing like the feeling of floating and sliding through the water! Along with that, I love that not only it is quiet, it's also very meditative and zen-like. And that's always a good thing as it helps reduce stress and makes me feel relaxed and refreshed!

credit to Google

Besides, swimming is a total body workout. If you're not into high-impact sports like running and cycling like me, swimming is definitely a healthy alternative to other types of physical activity. Besides, anyone can do it! So treat it as a real workout, not a social activity. Whatever discipline in swimming requires effort. What do they say? No pain, no gain? Yeah. SO, if you're not tired, you're not swimming hard enough! :)

p/s: Know what I don't like about swimming? It can be very hard on the hair!

Comments

Popular Posts