Whether it's lunch, lack of sleep the night before or boredom, I'm sure we all at some point go through a phase where we're having difficulty to stay awake at work. So, what do you do when you're sleepy at work? Here's the list of things I usually do:
- Drink coffee! Works like a charm! (errr.. just not too much)
- Drink lotsa plain water regularly. Dehydration saps your concentration!
- Nibble on something like gums, candies, chips or biscuits.
- Listen to some music. If possible dance or sing along.
- Chat with someone.
- Get up and move around frequently. Or fidget. Yes, you can always fidget, especially when you're stuck in a meeting feeling really really exhausted. Do some stretching too.
- Splash your face with cold water - it's a good refreshing alternative! (for Muslims you can do this during ablution)
- Go for a brisk walk and get some fresh air.
- Take a nap - it can really make the next 3 hours or so much more productive!
- Get more sleep the night before. Yes, as simple as that!
Being sleepy at work really sucks but you know what they say, prevention is better than cure!