Dysmenorrhea :(

It's that time of the month again. Oh well, that simply evinces that my heartfelt desire to start a family soon is still a far cry. It's true that I don't mind being married without kids yet, but I do want some someday, but when? Takkan dah tua sok baru nak beranak kan? But it's okay coz I've always believed that Allah has better plans for us, insyallah.

Anyway, last night I got cramps all over my body especially my legs and pelvic area and this morning I got sharp, searing pain in my abdomen aka severe menstrual pain aka dysmenorrhea. According to this website, a period pain is:

"The pain that accompanies periods is caused by contractions of the uterus or womb, similar to those of another 'normal' pain women suffer - during labour. Each contraction causes the blood supply to the womb to be cut down temporarily as the blood vessels in the muscle wall are compressed. As the tissues are starved of oxygen, chemicals that trigger pain are released.At the same time the body is releasing chemicals called prostaglandins, which induce stronger contractions and which may directly cause pain in the womb. As the contractions get stronger, so the pain increases."

It really really hurt and I was clueless on what should I do about it but I hope it's nothing serious. I'm feeling much better now, all thanks to Panadol. I hardly take it in a case like this but I feel I have no choice since everything I did was to no avail. In most cases, dysmenrrhea is unfortunate, but normal, part of life for women. Nobody really knows for sure - it's just one of those annoying facts of life that doesn't seem quite fair.

p/s: Seek help if it gets worse.

Comments

Popular Posts