Don't Touch Me, You Pervert

I had a strange encounter earlier today. I was at Guardian browsing through some skincare products when out of the blue a guy approached me and I felt a hand slip around my waist. He called me 'sayang' and it ain't my hubby! I was so shocked and immediately pushed his hand away. I was like "apa pegang-pegang ni??" and the guy just looked at me as I went away. Is he mistaking me for someone else (well he definitely din say sorry) or is he just high or what? Gila betul! Good thing he didn't follow me or do unexpected things or I would have run for my life!


I still remember when I was a teenager, I was harassed once at a pasar malam. Well you know how it is at a pasar malam - crowded, noisy, you get the idea. While moving through a crowd, someone did a firm grab of my butt (yeah, I know righttt!). Of course when I turned around there were tons of people behind me but I had an idea of who did it (a group of guys were right behind me, mind you) but couldn't prove it. I was speechless and didn't know how to react. I also felt embarrassed and boy.. was I traumatic! I even vowed not to go to that pasar malam anymore after that awkward incident!

Do you know that based on a survey in London, more than 4 in 10 young women were sexually harassed in public spaces? (read the article here)

p/s: What will you do in that situation?

Comments

yaya|azura said…
I pun pernah kena dengan jantan muka sengih2 tak hensem plak tu...

Kalau hensem.. lain pulak ceritanya? Eh? LOL.

Nilah nasib orang perempuan kan. Masa I kena harassed tu, orang kata mesti I seksi sebab tu kena tapi time tu I pakai baju kurung!
Aida Ikmal said…
dah namanya lelaki.. tengok pompuan pakai jubah tudung litup pun dia nak harass!

Popular Posts