Subtle Curiosity

Does it piss you off when you're in a place like work and the like and people start asking you personal questions about yourself, your family, house, car, finances etc ? I simply hate it! I always wonder if they're being nosy or that they really care or if they're just making conversation. Are they, like, comparing themselves to me?? Then, aku paling tak suka when they start making conclusions/assumptions based on your response. What were they thinking?? One conversation and we're BFFs?? Tu belum kira yang suka spread the info to others and say things about me behind my back.

I try not to be rude and all (or dianggap sombong or 'kekwat') especially when you ignore them or tell them off, so the best defence has gotta be playing clueless and stop giving TMI (too much information)! Well, maybe I'm being a bit harsh, maybe it really is just a way for them to talk to you and get to know you better but of course you can tell if people are not comfortable answering those questions, can't you?

So, the next time when people ask you personal questions you're reluctant to answer or keep prodding you for personal information, just say you don't know or that you don't remember and the like. Keep things as vague as possible and act really clueless and leave the rest to their imagination. Trust me, it certainly works against unwanted questions!

Comments

Popular Posts