Stress Management

The cares and problems of life can burden you with stress and anxiety, robbing you of peace. What do you do when you're stressed out? Below are the list of things I usually do whenever I'm stressed out or need a pick-me-up:
  1. Cook - This tops my list of things to do when I'm stressed out. I always cook when I'm stressed out. It's quite gratifying knowing I make nothing into something. Cooking takes my mind off any unpleasant things that have been bothering me.
  2. Clean- Yup, this is what I always do regardless of the time and place, but trust me, it doesn't sound as peculiar. It's quite relieving to see everything is in place actually.
  3. Pray - Praying can evaporate stress, fear, worry and even sorrow! To Allah we belong, and to Him we shall return..
  4. Listen to some music - I believe that music is therapeutic, provided that you listen to the right kind of music (calming, soothing ones), of course. But a lil dose of your favourite music wouldn't hurt either. One good thing about it is I can forget about the whole world for a moment and focus on what I hear directly in my ears instead.
  5. Blog - Sometimes, all it takes to calm a troubled soul is to pour your heart out into the open. It's one of the healthiest ways to deal with and release negative emotions!
  6. Swim - Sliding through the water always helps me clear my head. Why do I love swimming? Read here.
  7. Shop - It's amazing what a lil retail shopping can do, huh? (Good for the soul, bad for the wallet!)
  8. Eat - It's not like I'm that hungry or that my fav food makes things better. It's just that it causes enough bliss to forget how much things suck!
  9. Go for a drive - I love driving.. it makes me feel good especially if I got lotsa things in mind. Nothing's better than going for a ride with the windows down and the music up!
  10. Hang out with friends - Doing things I enjoy with people I like is a sure-fire way to help to help me refocus, relax and in control of my stress.
  11. Talk to someone - Simply talking to someone I trust, and who I feel understands, can lighten the burden I'm carrying. Well, what do they say, sharing is caring!
  12. Play with my cats - Animals are wonderful stress relievers!
  13. Shower - Words can't describe the wonderful feeling as the water hit my body. It's as if the time just stops for a while. 
  14. Sleep! - Things always get better after sleeping, well, most of the time. Need I say more? 
  15. Do unexpected things - What I have in mind are bungy jumping or travelling on the first plane out of town, but the one unexpected thing I always do is getting a new haircut! :p
You gotta admit that the stress of the daily grind has somehow taken its toll on our emotional, physical and social well-being. Everyone reacts differently when it comes to coping with stress, so devise a plan tailored to your own needs before things start to go drastically downhill. After all, having at least one daily stress relief habit will make a significant difference in the level of stress you feel. Whatever it is, you know you'll need real help when you look like this:


Comments

Popular Posts